Invite your guests to pack some children’s books in their luggage to encourage a love for reading in Belize with our
“BOOKS in BAGS”
Resort & Hotel Program
How to Participate:
- Sign up using the form below or email email@example.com.
- Add the “Books in Bags” logo below to your website. Link the logo to our page for Belize travelers OR to a page, document, or blog post you create explaining the program.
- Share this link: www.belizereads.org/books-in-bags on your social media and spread the word as often as possible.
- When a guests books – encourage them to bring new or used children’s books (send them to www.belizereads.org/books-in-bags for details)
- When people bring books you can take pictures and post them to your social media. If you link to our FB page – we can give your property a shout-out as well! You can also use hash tags #BelizeReads and #TekTimefiRead
- Let us know when you receive books by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 632-5477.
- We’ll find a good home for the books with a Belizean family, school, library, or reading program. If you would like the books to go to a specific school, we can arrange that too.
Sign up your resort or hotel:
"Books in Bags" Logos:
About the Project
“Tek Time fi Read” (Belizean Kriol for “Take time to read”) is a project run by a Belizean youth group to encourage a love for reading in children and teens. The project is promoting literacy by collecting new and gently used children and teen books for distribution to families, schools, and libraries in Belize.
The group believes that if children have FUN books they will see reading as FUN! Most children in Belize do not have reading books other than their school books. Affordable fun books are not readily available. The project has already distributed over 11,000 books and attracted national media attention. The youth have also renovated the local library, done book events in remote areas, organized large book festivals, and they have continuous requests from many schools and libraries.
30+ youth volunteers are involved in the project.